Since 1864, Dime Community Bank has supported the communities and boroughs throughout New York. Over these 156 years, we have weathered the storms together. Whether it was The Great Depression, World War I and II, the Financial Crisis of 2008, Hurricane Sandy, or now the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Dime is here to help and we are ready to support you.
For those who need help making residential mortgage payments, please go here to learn more about your options.
For Small Business owners, Dime knows you are busy managing your priorities given this difficult time, including your financial well-being. We want to help. Learn more here.
On April 22, 2020 the Government is releasing the second round of Economic Impact Payments (Stimulus checks) to the public. We know there are questions when it comes to these payments and would like to take the opportunity to answer those questions for you.
We are also providing you with the link to the IRS website for in-depth information on who qualifies for the Economic Impact Payments, and what happens if you have not gotten an electronic deposit of your tax return in recent years.
- If I am getting a Stimulus check, when will it be deposited and available to me?
If you are receiving a Stimulus check in Round 2 (April 22, 2020) and it is being deposited electronically into your Dime account, it will be available after 1pm.
- What if I have not gotten my tax refund electronically deposited in recent years?
You will most likely be receiving a paper check mailed directly to you. You may find out more information at the IRS website.
- How do I know if I am getting a Stimulus check?
You can visit the IRS website and check to see if you qualify.
- What if my account at Dime has been closed?
If you have closed your account at Dime and it was the last account on file for your Tax returns, the electronic check will be returned to the IRS, and a paper check will be mailed to you.
If you still have questions regarding your Stimulus check, you may call our Dime Customer Care Center at 800-321-3463, and speak to one of our agents.
Retail Operations and Branch Closure Information
All Dime branches are now open and we’ve made some changes to safely serve you.
All modifications to our in-branch experience are for the safety of our customers and employees.
When entering a branch lobby:
- Masks must be worn by both customers and employees.
- Occupancy will be controlled by a designated employee to ensure appropriate social distancing. Customers may be asked to wait outside.
- Protective dividers have been installed in designated areas.
- High-frequency cleaning will be maintained.
- Coffee bars will be closed.
- Bathrooms will be closed for non-emergency use.
- Staying home in the event of illness. Our associates are asked to stay home if they feel unwell, we ask that you do the same.
- Bank with us anytime, anywhere. Use our online and mobile banking services.
In order to continue servicing our customers as safely as possible, please note our temporarily modified branch hours:
In response to the challenges our communities are facing related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, all ATM fees will be temporarily waived for Dime customers.
Additionally, we are prepared to assist Dime customers experiencing a financial hardship as a result of the pandemic by waiving or refunding certain fees associated with deposit accounts. Customers can visit their local branch or call our Service Center at (800) 321-DIME. Our Service Center is available Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST or Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST.
During these difficult times, we want you to know that Dime is standing with you. If you are a residential loan customer who is experiencing difficulty or anticipating difficulty making your residential loan payments as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19), we invite you to notify us using one of the methods below:
A letter to Business Banking customers regarding the CARES Act. | Read Letter
- Round 1 of the SBA Paycheck Protection Program has reached its funding limit. We are currently not accepting new applications. Stay tuned to dime.com for additional information.
- Webinar Deck - Dime Supports New York Businesses During COVID-19
- Webinar Recording - Dime Supports New York Businesses During COVID-19
Criminals are taking advantage of the fears surrounding the COVID-19 Pandemic, and fraud-related scams are increasing. Scammers look for opportunities to take advantage of the vulnerable, especially during times of emergencies or natural disasters. At Dime Community Bank, protecting our customers during this uncertain time is our main priority. Be Aware! Learn about phishing attempts, charity scams, investment scams and stimulus check relief scams. For these and other common COVID-19 related scams, read more here.