Small Business Grant Program
Dime's Small Business Grant Program gives grants between $3,000 to $10,000 to qualified businesses.
We are currently not accepting any new Grant Applications. Please check our Social Media platforms for updates on additional rounds of Grants.
Weathering storms is hard enough when you’re prepared and have the resources you need. But surviving the storm when you don’t have the resources can quickly become overwhelming. Dime Community Bank recognizes that not all local businesses may qualify for the SBA’s PPP Loan Program or EIDL Program. Yet, these businesses need assistance and are hoping to find support during this difficult time.
To help provide support to those neighboring businesses that positively impact our communities, Dime has created the Small Business Grant Program (SBG Program). The SBG Program is designated to be a resource for those small businesses that may not qualify for government programs.
If you are or know of a small business in your community that has been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic, and would possibly qualify for the SBG Program, please apply or nominate a business below.
The funds awarded in this grant program may be used for one or more of the following:
- Dime will open the application and nomination window on Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
- The application and nomination window will be open for 10 business days once it opens (May 8-22). The application and nomination window will close at 5:00PM on Friday, May 22.
- Once the application and nomination window closes, the Small business grant committee will have 10 business days to evaluate all applications and nominations received at that time. (May 22 - June 8)
- Once the evaluation of all applications and nominations are reviewed and evaluated, Dime will notify all winners of the Round 1 grants by phone or email no later than Thursday, June 11, 2020.
- Checks for the grants will be sent to all winners immediately following the award announcements.
Online applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, based upon the date and time which Dime receives a completed application submission.
Due to financial hardships, Dime Community Bank will not be assessing any fees for this grant program.
If you’re not applying and would like to nominate a business for a grant instead, please click on the 'Submit Nomination' button to get started. A Dime representative will reach out to your nominee with instructions.
- Do not nominate yourself here.
- If you’re applying for a grant, skip this nomination section and go directly to the application below.
- Businesses do not need to be nominated in order to receive a grant.
- Do not ask your customers to nominate you. You can simply apply below.
- More nominations do not increase your chances of receiving a grant.
Employees and Directors of Dime, their families, and affiliates businesses are not eligible to receive a grant.
If an individual owns two or more businesses, the individual is eligible to receive two or more grants.
Dime Community Bank anticipates that there will be a Round 2 of the Small Business Grant Program.
By applying for the Dime Small Business Grant Program, the business and all employees agrees to abide and be bound by the rules and to accept the decision of Dime Community Bank as final in all respects.
The businesses who receive grants may be publicly announced on dime.com and Dime's Social Media platforms. These platforms include but are not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.