A great rate from a bank you can trust.
- Open an account in just minutes!
- $1,000 minimum balance to open
- Up to 6 transactions per month
- On Balances Up To $500,0001
- No monthly fees
- Free online and mobile banking
- FDIC insured
Earn a rate that's top of market.
How Dime compares:
Our rates are some of the best in the country. And just in case you don't believe us, here's how we stack up to some of our competitors.
*All bank rates and the national average are based on the APY average for money market accounts with a minimum balance of $2,500 offered by the Top 50 U.S. Banks (ranked by total assets) as reported by SNL and are effective as of 02/27/2017. Rates are only as accurate as the information reported to SNL by the banks.
Money Market FAQs
- A Dime Money Market account is a type of savings account that earns a higher amount of interest than a regular Savings account. While some money market accounts require a high minimum deposit to open, the DimeDirect Bank Money Market account has a low $1,000 minimum deposit.
- Yes. As a Dime customer, your deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to at least $250,000 per depositor. Your money is safe with us.
- Nope. The only requirement is that you receive eStatements via Online Banking.
- Yes! The benefits of a Dime Money Market account are available no matter what state you’re in.
- No problem. Our Money Market account allows you to make up to six transactions per monthly statement cycle without any penalties or fees.
- A Money Market account is a great way to receive more interest with less risk. Whether you’re trying to balance out an investment portfolio or just trying to grow your hard-earned money, a Money Market account is a good intermediate option between a traditional Savings account and a certificate of deposit. Pair it with a Dime Perfectly Free Checking Account, and you’ve got a great financial foundation.
Learn more by taking an in-depth look at Dime's Money Market Account.
1The DimeDirect Money Market Account interest rates and APYs (Annual Percentage Yields) vary with the balance. As of 03/01/16, the APY on balances up to $500,000 is 1.10%. For balances over $500,000, the APY is 0.20%. The interest rates and APYs are established at our discretion, are variable, and are subject to change at any time without notice or limit. Minimum balance to open is $1,000, and there is a maximum opening balance of $500,000. There are no monthly minimum balance fees, but any other fees assessed may reduce the earnings on the account. Dime reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time without notice and to limit the number of accounts opened. A total of six transfers or payments in the aggregate per monthly statement cycle [this includes pre-authorized, automatic, and telephone transfers by check, draft, or similar order (e.g., electronic bill payments)]. This offer is limited to one per household and is only available to consumer accounts. Please call us with any questions, at 1-800-321-3463. New Money Only. FDIC-insured on balances up to $250,000.