A Student Savings account prepares the younger generation for a better future after graduation. Give your child a head start on their financial future by setting up a joint savings account you can both contribute to. Good savings habits start now.
- Earns interest from day of deposit to day of withdrawal
- Variable interest rate
- Interest compounded daily
- Safe, secure, and FDIC-insured
- Free ATM card or Debit Card with Checking account
- Unlimited free deposits and withdrawals<sup>2</sup>
- Withdrawals require the signature of student and parent or guardian until the student reaches age 18 (or 13, if parent or guardian release joint signature requirement in writing)
- Dime automatically converts your Student Savings Account to a regular Dime Savings Account on your 23rd birthday, or upon graduation from an accredited college or university.
- No Minimum Balance requirements
- Make up to 6 withdrawals a month<sup>2</sup>
We understand that every person’s financial goals are unique, and we don’t take the one-size-fits-all approach.
Let’s be real. Student loans are the worst. And paying them off can feel like it takes forever, especially for recent grads. Depending on how much debt you graduate with, it might seem impossible to get rid of it all.
There are so many moving parts to running a restaurant, but nothing is more rewarding than watching people enjoy the food and experience you created. We love our community, so we chose a local bank to grow our business. Dime truly understands us and doesn’t lump us together with everyone else.
1For variable rate accounts, rate may change after the account is opened. Transfer of funds and bill payments from savings and money market accounts are limited to six per monthly statement cycle.
2The number and amount of withdrawals or transfers you make in-person at our branches or by mail, are unlimited. During your statement cycle, you may also make up to 6 transfers or payments in the aggregate, via check (if applicable), pre-authorized withdrawal, Telephone Automated Banking Services (TABS), automatic transfers, Online Banking, or at Point-of-Sale (POS) terminal using your Dime card.